12 Things You Don’t Know About Joyce Meyer
Joyce Meyer is the president of Joyce Meyer ministries and the wife of Dave Meyer whom she has 4 Children with named Laura Marie Holtzmann, Sandra Ellen McCollom, Daniel B. Meyer and David Meyer. The author and televangelist who has written many books stays outside St. Louis, Missouri while her ministry has it’s headquarters near the St. Louis suburb of Fenton, Missouri.
Meyer who delivers one of the best sermons in the United states and around the globe is a graduate of O’Fallon Technical High School and a dedicated Christian who left her first husband because he made her steal from her employer. Joyce’s marriage to her first husband was blessed with just one Child whom she named David.
In an interview with Larry King of CNN, Joyce Meyer who has many quotes to her name talking about her husband Dave Meyer’s reaction after God called her said:
“Well, at first, he wasn’t really all for it. He thought it was a little odd that God called me and not him. After all, he’s the man, and why shouldn’t he do that? But I have a wonderful, Godly husband. And God just dealt with him, that he had given me a gift, and he needed not submit to me, but to my gift and to help me, and Dave is just as much involved in the ministry as I am, except he’s not up front.”
Joyce Meyer’s Plastic Surgery
Joyce Meyer has also been accused of having had a plastic surgery done on her to elevate her looks and make her look younger. In her Church or ministry, she usually writes daily devotionals specifically for women alongside her normal daily devotionals. Joyce Meyer’s preaching and broadcasts are also not advisable to be missed for anything because it motivates and inspires many.
Pastor Joyce Meyer also has grandchildren and you can get her prayer line by visiting her official website.
12 Facts About Joyce Meyers
- Meyer was born Pauline Joyce Hutchison in south St. Louis in June 4 ,1943.
- Her father went into the army to fight in World War II and started abusing her sexually after he returned.
- Joyce Meyer Divorced Her First Husband After 5 Years Of Marriage.
- She maintains that her divorced husband persuaded her to steal payroll checks from her employer which she did.
- After her divorce, Meyer frequented local bars before meeting Dave Meyer, an engineering draftsman who is a veteran of the United States’ army.
- Meyer states that she returned the money she stole from her employer years later.
- Meyer was briefly a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis.
- In 2002, mainstream publisher Hachette Book Group paid Meyer over $10 million for the rights to her backlist catalog of independently released books.
- In 2005, Time magazine’s “25 Most Influential Evangelicals in America” ranked Meyer as 17th.
- Meyer has been given an Honorary Doctorate of Divinity by Oral Roberts University, an accredited institution in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- In 2004 St. Louis Christian television station KNLC, dropped Meyer’s programme citing her “excessive lifestyle” and her teachings often going “beyond Scripture” as reasons.
- Meyer and her husband Dave have four grown children, and live outside St. Louis, Missouri