12 Things You Don’t Know About Pastor John Piper
Pastor John Piper who was born on 11 January 1946 in , Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States is has written many books and is also known for his outstanding sermons and educative messages. He remains one of the outstanding Evangelists in the history of the United states.
12 Things You Don’t Know About Piper Are
- John Piper was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to Bill and Ruth Piper.
- John married Noël Henry in December 1968 and together they have four sons, a daughter, and 12 grandchildren.
- John Stephen Piper is the founder and leader of desiringGod.org, the chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Piper served as Pastor for Preaching and Vision of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota for 33 years.
- In college, he was originally on the pre-medicine track but decided to go into ministry during a bout of sickness, while listening to the sermons of Harold Ockenga over the radio from his hospital bed.
- Piper received his Doctor of Theology degree in New Testament Studies at the University of Munich, Germany (1971–74).
- His mother died in December 16th, 1974 in a bus wreck in Israel. Piper’s 1990 booklet What’s the Difference? included a tribute to her.
- Piper underwent successful surgery on February 14, 2006 For Prostrate Cancer.
- Pastor John Piper Studied romantic literature with Clyde Kilby and it stimulated his poetic side.
- John Piper’s father died on March 6, 2007.
- According to Piper, he had a religious conversion at his mother’s knee while on vacation in Florida.
- Piper took an eight-month leave of absence from his ministry from May 1, 2010 to January 9, 2011.
Pastor John Piper’s website is desiringgod.org