Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19th December, 2018
Theme For Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19th December – FRIENDS OF THE KING.
“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” John 15:14
BIBLE READING: John 15:13-15
13. Greater Love hath no man than this, that A Man lay down His Life for His Friends.
14. Ye are My Friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what His Lord doeth: but I have called you Friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you.
A. Very large part of our day activities is based on relationships and connections with other people.
1. For example, if you want something done at a bank that involves a lot of processes, you will naturally begin to think of someone you know in that bank that can help you speed things up.
2. Many people maintain friendship with certain people not because they actually like them, but because they know that those people will be useful to them one way or another.
3. There is a popular saying that your network is your net-worth.
4. In other words, with a good network of influential friends, things that are difficult for others to get done will be easy for you.
5. Some people are very powerful not because they hold any position of power or wealth, but because they have friends in high places.
B. If having friends in high places is very beneficial to attaining your goals, how much more having The Most High as your Friend?
1. Anyone who is friends with God has Unlimited Power and Influence.
2. There is no contract or job that God cannot help you get,
3. There is no position too high for Him to reach,
4. There is no heart too hard for Him to influence in your favor,
5. and there is absolutely no door that He cannot open.
6. Unfortunately, many people who profess to be Christians are actually not friends with God.
C. Friendship is like fire; if tended properly, that fire will burn for a very long time.
1. No friendship will stay alive if it is not properly and constantly maintained.
2. God wants you to seek him with all your heart and not through activities.
3. Many Christians concentrate so much on religious activities that they stop tending to their relationship with God for a very long time, to the point that they have no intimacy with Him.
4. Some would rather be on the pulpit in front of people than alone with God just communing with Him.
5. No wonder Jesus Christ says that some people who thought they had been working for Him would be turned away like strangers on the last day.
6. Matthew 7:21-23: Says “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into The Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven.
7. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? And in Thy Name have cast out devils? And in Thy Name done many wonderful works?
8. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.: “
9. Further confirming The Words of This Scripture, Today’s Memory Verse says that only those who do His commandments are His friends.
10. Are you His friend?
Jesus Christ is the only friend that really matters.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Amos 4-6,
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!