Open Heavens Daily Devotional Today 5th November, 2018
Theme For Open Heavens Daily Devotional Today 5th November – HOW BIG IS YOUR DREAM?
“But now they desire a better country, that is, An Heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called Their God: for He hath prepared for them a city.” Hebrews 11:16
READ: Hebrews 11:13-16
13. These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
16. But now they desire A Better Country, that is, An Heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called Their God: for He hath prepared for them A City.
A. When I came into full-time ministry as The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), I was confronted with the challenge of accommodation, as I had to move out of the mansion provided by the university I resigned from.
1. So I prayed to God for a ‘boys’ quarters’ of three rooms that could accommodate me and my family.
2. However, The Almighty God Who called me told me not to even ask for only a house, because He would build me a city.
3. Since I knew His Voice – He is My Daddy and I am His son – I believed what He said.
4. Today, the city He spoke about, where nothing will be lacking is built on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
*How big is your dream?
*Is God in that dream?
6. No matter how big that dream may be, if God is in it, it will surely come to pass.
B. Dreams are a very important aspect of human life, because they influence the height a person will reach in life.
1. It is an unfortunate thing for someone to dream small. 2. It is like going to a river to fetch water with a table spoon.
3. Only those who go to the river with big buckets and tanks will maximize the opportunity the trip to the river provides.
4. In the same vein, The Dream of Eternal Life in Heaven with God should definitely influence your actions as a Christian.
5. Today’s Bible Reading speaks about the heroes of faith and their dreams of better citizenship in Heaven, for which they considered themselves strangers and pilgrims on earth.
6. They sought A Country that was far better than any in this world.
7. When you see a person who professes to be A Christian greedily amassing wealth at the expense of expansion of God’s Kingdom, don’t be surprised: such a fellow’s actions only indicate how earthly minded he or she is.
In Matthew 6:19-21, the Lord Jesus Christ said:
“Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
C. Unless you are deceiving yourself, your dream of Heaven should be big enough to swallow any earthly ambition you have.
1. Our Lord promised us that He was going to Heaven in order to prepare A Place for us, after which He would come back to take us to Himself in Eternal Bliss.
2. Let this dream drive you into Godliness with Contentment, which is great gain indeed.
3. 1Timothy 6:6. “But godliness with contentment is great gain. “
Father, Please don’t let the allure of this present age steal away The Dream of Heaven from my heart in Jesus’ Name. Amen 🙏!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN : I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR.
1. I Need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee,
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh bless me now, my Saviour;
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour;
Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their pow’r
When Thou art nigh. Chorus:
3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain. Chorus:
4. I need Thee every hour;
Teach me Thy will,
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil. Chorus:
5. I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son. Chorus: