Theme For Open Heavens Devotional 15 August 2019 – HE IS AT THE DOOR!
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20
BIBLE READING: Song of Solomon 5:2-7 & Revelation 3:20-21
Song of Solomon 5:2-7
2. I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
3. I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?
4. My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
5. I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
6. I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.
7. The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His Throne.
A. We often use the text of today’s memory verse to reach out to those who are not saved, but we often forget that Our Lord pronounced those words in His letter to His Church!
1. We as Christians need to be conscious that it is possible for us to lock The Lover of Our Souls out from our hearts.
2. Therefore, it should not surprise you that The Holy spirit’s message to us today is that JESÚS IS STANDING OUTSIDE AND KNOCKING ON THE DOOR OF OUR HEARTS,
3. NOT AS A HOMELESS PERSON SEEKING FOR HELP or BEGGING FOR SHELTER, but AS MASTER OF THE HOUSE.
4. The Lord expects an IMMEDIATE RESPONSE and A RED-CARPRT RECEPTION, and He promises to have AN INTIMATE, PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with ANYONE who would respond with A FRIENDLY WELCOME.
5. On the other hand, THE CONSEQUENCES OF A DELAYED RESPONSE or NOT RESPONDING at all is clear in today’s Bible Reading.
6. The Lord would withdraw Himself, as He does not force Himself on anyone.
7. When He withdraws, at the time you seek Him, and that time will surely come, you will not find Him.
8. This has unpleasant ramifications. Songs of Solomon 5:6 says:
9. “I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.”
10. May this not be your testimony in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. Is The Lord not knocking on the door of your heart today?
1. Are you asleep spiritually and can barely hear Him call out your name?
2. Has He not been knocking on that part of your heart that you have refused to yield to Him after giving your life to Him?
3. Is He not calling out to you concerning that secret sin you have entangled yourself in?
4. How about the assignment He gave you which you have abandoned?
5. The Lord is knocking on the door of your heart concerning these and much more.
6. Will you leave Him in the cold or welcome Him to the warmth of the fire of zeal in your heart?
7. Answer Him today by opening up your heart and submitting to His will.
C. Whenever God comes visiting, you can be sure you are in for PLEASANT SURPRISES, because He never visits an individual EMPTY-HANDED.
1. Revelation 3:21 affirms this, promising great blessings of eternal value to someone who opens the door of his or her heart unto Jesus.
2. Revelation 3:21 “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My Throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His Throne.”
3. Such a fellow will be granted THE AUTHORITY to sit with Christ on His Throne .
4. This means that those who gladly received DELEGATED POWER and AUTHORITY TO REIGN WITH HIM in HIS KINGDOM here on earth and in heaven.
5. As you open the door of your heart to Jesus today, RECEIVE POWER TO REIGN with Him in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Examine your life to see any areas you have shut Jesus out from and make amendments. And You Will RECEIVE POWER TO REIGN with Him in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 17
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
EMMANUEL=GOD With Us!
Credit – Pastor E. Adeboye