Theme For Open Heavens Devotional 24 August 2019 – SONGS OF VICTORY
There is none HOLY as THE LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.” 1 Samuel 2:22
BIBLE READING: Exodus 15:1-7
1. Then sang MOSES and THE CHILDREN of ISRAEL this song unto The LORD, and spake, saying, I Will Sing Unto The LORD, For He Hath Triumphed Gloriously: The Horse And His Rider Hath He Thrown Into The Sea.
2. The LORD is My STRENGTH and My SONG, and HE is become My SALVATION: He is My GOD, and I will prepare Him an Habitation; My Father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
3. The LORD is A MAN OF WAR: THE LORD IS HIS NAME.
4. Pharaoh’s chariots and his host hath He cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in The Red Sea.
5. The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
6. Thy Right Hand, O LORD, is Become Glorious in Power: Thy Right Hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
7. And in The Greatness of Thine Excellency Thou hast overthrown them that rose up against Thee: Thou sentest forth Thy Wrath, which consumed them as stubble.
A. The Bible teaches that THERE IS A SPIRITUAL DIMENSION TO EVERY BATTLE OF LIFE, even though this is usually not obvious at the onset.
1. Ephesians 6:12 says: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against THE RULERS OF THE DARKNESS of this world, against SPIRITUAL HOST OF WICKEDNESS in High places.”
2. Although the credentials of our enemy can be intimidating, a Christian need not worry because to us, THE ENEMY AND HIS AGENTS ARE CONQUERED FOES.
3. This is the high standpoint of the Christian faith, and it should be the only ground on which a child of God would confront the devil and his agents.
4. We are THE TRIUMPHANT CHURCH of CHRIST!
5. Indeed, the resources and abilities of our wicked foes pale into insignificance when compared to THE VICTORY OUR LORD HAS WON FOR US and
6. THE TREMENDOUS POWER AND AUTHORITY THIS VICTORY makes available to us.
7. When we consider all this, it is only appropriate that WE SING SONGS OF VICTORY in praise of The One Who Made Us MORE THAN CONQUERORS. GLORY HALLELUJAH!
B. The Bible presents MUSIC AS A SPIRITUAL TOOL THAT CAN BE USED TO MOVE GOD.
1. Whenever God wants to do something really special, He calls for an army of consecrated musical warriors to BOMBARD the STRONGHOLDS OF THE ENEMY WITH SONGS OF VICTORY.
2. We have the example of JEHOSHAPHAT, King of Judah, who deployed divine warriors to march into battle with MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS in their HANDS and SONGS OF praise in their MOUTHS.
3. As The Army Of Worshippers Praised and Exalted God, He Arose on their behalf and COMPLETELY DESTROYED ALL THEIR ENEMIES.
4. Describing this GREAT FEAT, 2 Chronicles 20:22 says: “And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set AMBUSHMENTS against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.”
5. Just as God destroyed the enemies of King Jehoshaphat, so will He destroyed all your enemies before you today in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
6. Songs of Praise are Songs of Praise And e of victory.
7. Whenever you sing Songs of Victory unto God, He always rise to scatter your enemies.
C. Some thirty years ago, we went, we went to Otukpo for a programme with some students, where I planned to speak on Divine Healing.
1. It happened that as we began to praise God intensely, The Glory of God descended and I forgot every scripture I had written except Luke 1:37 which says “For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
2. Suddenly, there were clusters of students kneeling and praying in tongues, who had never even heard of The Baptism of The Holy Spirit before.
3. Other students soon joined them to PRAY in TONGUES, and at the end of the day, I could not preach.
4. That is glimpse of what SINGING SONGS OF VICTORY can do, GOD IS INDEED WORTHY TO BE PRAISED!
Sing SONGS OF VICTORY unto God until you bring down His glory.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 5-6
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: I AM A VICTOR
1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word
2. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am
3. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly
4. Yes, I know I am a victor
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled
5. Yes, I know I am a victor
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed
6. Yes, I know I am a victor
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer
7. Yes, I know I am a victor
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home
8. Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah
9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!
Credit For Open Heavens Devotional 24 August 2019 – Pastor E. Adeboye