Theme For Open Heavens Devotional 25 June 2019 – BE DETERMINED!
“After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.” Acts 19:21
BIBLE READING: Act 21:10-15
10. And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
11. And when he was come unto us, he took Paul’s girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith The Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
12. And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.
13. Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for The Name of The Lord Jesus.
14. And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The Will of The Lord be done.
15. And after those days we took up our carriages, and went up to Jerusalem.
A. To be DETERMINED is to be SINGLE -MINDED.
1. it also means HAVING FIRMNESS of PURPOSE or BEING RESOLUTE to Achieve Success in Any Assignment Committed into One’s Hands.
2. DETERMINATION is essential for anyone to succeed and be effective in life and ministry.
3. God is looking for men and women who are FAITHFUL and DETERMINED STEWARDS to commit special assignment to.
4. Indeed, 2 Chronicles 16:9 says that The Eyes of THE Lord run to and fro the whole earth in search of DETERMINED PEOPLE.
5. It was in the process of this search that He found David
6. Psalms 89:20 “I have found David My Servant; with My Holy Oil have I anointed him:”
B. When God searches a person out and commits An Assignment into his or her hands, such a person must realize that Stewardship Is Trust that must not be abused.
1. And all Stewards of God’s Resources will give account of their service to God.
2. As a Faithful and Dedicated Worker in God’s Vineyard, you have to be focused on your own mandate and never use another man’s parameters to evaluate your life.
3. 2 Corinthians 10:12 “For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves:
4. But they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.”
5. To be Focused is to have A Target and Work Towards Actualising it to The Glory of The Almighty.
6. Keeping in mind that the business of God’s Kingdom requires haste.
7. In John 9:4, The Lord says, “I must work The Works of Him that sent Me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.”
C. To be Commended by The Lord on His Return, you must do His Work heartily and cheerfully.
1. It is my earnest prayer that as you devote all available ENERGY and RESOURCES to The Assignment commitment into your hands, The Lord Himself will Prosper Your Determination.
2. Determination is reflected in the lives of The Heroes of Faith.
3. NOAH showed determination in building the ark and carrying out all of God’s instructions to specification.
4. ABRAHAM displayed determination by obeying God to the letter.
5. MOSES showed determination in leading the Israelites out of Egypt and effectively communicating The Will of God to them, and
6. NEHEMIAH the builder was determined to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, even under hostile conditions.
7. SARAH, DAVID, DANIEL, ESTHER and THE PROPHETS were all Dedicated Vessels of God.Who left legacies which endure even today.
D. Above all, Jesus Christ displayed UNCOMMON DETERMINATION and STEADFASTNESS.
1. Not only to come to this world but also to go to Jerusalem to die for our sin.
2. Luke 9:51 “And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,”
3. DETERMINATION is a virtue that is highly rewarding.
4. The Bible says that God Reward Those Who DILIGENTLY SEEK Him .
5. Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to Please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is A Rewarder of them that Diligently Seek Him.”
6. All The Heroes of Faith were greatly rewarded during their lifetime, and God gave them Everlasting Peace and Joy in Heaven.
7. As you strive with determination in all your assignments, God will Crown Your Efforts with Resounding Success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Pursue your God-given dreams with vigor, even if you have tried and failed in the past.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 32-33
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: HOLD THE FORT
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal, waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing, victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven, “By Thy grace we will.”
2. See the mighty host advancing, Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling, courage almost gone! •Refrain:
3. See the glorious banner waving! Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph over every foe. •Refrain:
4. Fierce and long the battle rages, but our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander, cheer, my comrades, cheer! •Refrain:
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!
Credit – Pastor E. Adeboye