5 Solid Reasons To Love Other People
5 Solid Reasons to Love Other People: Love is important in our lives as Christians. Love is an important topic in the Bible: the love of God towards us, love in marriage, and love towards our followers.
God wants us to love our neighbors as well as our enemies. In the Old Testament, we were instructed to love only our neighbors, but Jesus took love a step further by teaching that his followers should love one another as he had loved them; that was his new commandment.
Jesus included the fundamental lesson of loving enemies in his teachings.
Why is it important to share God’s love with others?
It is our job as Christians to share God’s love with others. As we do this, others will recognize that we belong to Him, and we will have an opportunity to share the gospel with them.
- God is love. You cannot possibly know God at all if you lack love for others. Since God is ultimately love, if you believe that you are a child of God and that God is living in you, then love should also dwell in you and manifest in your relationships with other people.
- God loves you so much. God loves you so much that you ought to love others as well. You ought to love other people if you understand that God is love and that He adores you. God was the source of love.
- Love is God’s command. To love is not a suggestion; it is not advice. It is a mandate, and a commandment requires obedience rather than debate.
- Love is everything. You are nothing without love; love is the greatest. We have to show love to other people in our lives.
- All the laws are fulfilled by love. “Love,” writes the apostle John, “means doing what God has commanded us” (2 John 6a NLT). Love is the simplest way to fulfill the Ten Commandments: love God and love your neighbor.