7 Steps On How To Forgive Someone
7 Steps On How To Forgive Someone:
We have all been in situations where we have been hurt by people many times. Most times, we might think that not forgiving them is the best decision.
We all struggle with forgiveness, either because we don’t understand it or because we are still holding onto past wrongs that we can’t seem to let go of.
No matter what anyone has done to us, God asks us to forgive. Forgiving someone does not mean that they deserve it, but we are obeying God. God wants us to forgive so that we can free ourselves from the trap of unforgiveness.
Unforgiveness can block the goodness and blessings that God has planned for us; that is the plan of the enemy.
What is forgiveness?
Forgiveness is the act of pardoning an offender and letting go. According to Google, forgiveness is defined as “to stop feeling angry or resentful toward someone for an offense, flaw, or mistake.”
Why is forgiveness necessary?
According to research, forgiving people is a powerful action that can release us from negative emotions and allow us to move forward. It can help us let go of grudges and resentments and create space for healing and growth. Forgiveness can also bring a sense of peace and closure, allowing us to focus on the present moment and the positive aspects of our lives. Unforgiveness can trap us and block the blessings that God has in store for us. The process of forgiveness can be uncomfortable and painful, but in the end, it is the best decision to make.
Steps On How To Forgive
- Identify the pain: The first step to healing is to be honest with ourselves about the pain. Tears, feelings of resentment and hurting thoughts are signs that something’s wrong. We should not shut down our emotions. Being real to ourselves about how we feel is really important.
- Give it all to God: When you are feeling hurt and you can’t seem to forgive someone because they are the one who caused your pain. You can give it to God in prayers, tell God how you are feeling. God can handle anything you give him. When you can give God the hurts and face the pain they’ve caused you God will heal you.
- Ask God For Help: Forgiving someone who have hurt us so deeply can be hard for us. God said to us in Jeremiah 33:3, however, that we can call to God when we need to, and he will tell us great and unsearchable things. God will give us the power to forgive anyone no matter what they have done to us when we ask him for help.
- Remember God’s forgiveness: We have done a lot of things that are bad but God still forgives us and we have to remember that always. Forgiving someones does not mean that they deserve it but we are obeying God. In Ephesians 4:32, God explains you forgive because you’ve been forgiven.
- Read Bible verses About Forgiveness: Reading the word of god can help us make the right decisions. Jesus taught so much about forgiving one another. – Jesus praying in the garden of Gethsemane: Matthew 26:36-45. -The story of Joseph: Genesis 50:15-21, -Jesus on the cross: Luke 23:34.
- Pray for the person: Praying for person who have wronged us can be seem as a stupid decision. The more we pray for the person God will soften our heart and we will let go of everything hurting. In Matthew 5:44 Jesus commands us “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
- Continue to forgive: Forgiveness is a decision that we have to make over and over again. People will still wrong and hurt us but we have to know that God has commanded us to let go. It is more than just saying a prayer and moving on. It’s a serious decision that you make over and over again. The process can be uncomfortable and painful but at the end is the best decision to make.