Open Heavens Daily Devotional For 9th May, 2018
Theme – WEAPONS OF SPIRITUAL WARFARE
Put on The Whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11
READ: Ephesians 6:10-18
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in The Lord, and in The Power of His Might.
11. Put on The Whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with TRUTH, and having on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of THE GOSPEL OF PEACE.
16. Above all, taking THE SHIELD OF FAITH, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, which is the word of God:
18. PRAYING ALWAYS with all PRAYER and SUPPLICATIONS in THE SPIRIT, and watching thereunto with all PERSEVERANCE and SUPPLICATIONS FOR SAINTS.
A. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12
1. The above Scripture clearly shows that Satan and his fallen angels are organised into a well-coordinated army that is skillful in carrying our devastating attacks on their victims.
2. We must therefore be strategic and confront them from a position of knowledge and strength.
3. Our warfare as Christians is a fight of faith that is purely restricted to the spiritual realm.
4. Although our spiritual warfare is personal, we must not engage in it on the basis of our individual effort or strength.
5. We must continually channel the strength of God and the victory we have through the death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ against the forces of darkness for as long as we live.
6. Our fight of faith calls for courage to withstand dreadful circumstances, determination to overcome at all costs and persistent prayers.
7. It also calls for loyalty to fight under the banner of Christ, The Lord of Hosts, standing in His strength and using The Weapons He has provided.
B. “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For The Weapons of Our Warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)”
1. The Holy Spirit inspires these verses of Scripture to help us have a good understanding of the true nature of spiritual warfare and the potency of our God-ordained weapons, even though they may appear ordinary to many.
1. We are commanded in Ephesians 6:11&13 to “put on” and “take on” the whole armour of God.
2. What makes up the complete armour of God?
3. According to today’s Bible reading, the number one component of this armour is TRUTH, which refers to Jesus Himself.
4. John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one comes to The Father except through Me.”
5. Next is HOLINESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and then comes THE GOSPEL OF PEACE, FAITH in God, SALVATION, THE WORD OF GOD, PERSISTENCE IN PRAYER, and finally, WATCHING and PERSEVERANCE.
6. The Bible assures us that when these weapons are complete, they effective in pulling down the strongholds of the devil, casting down every imagination of the enemy that is contrary to the purpose of God, and bringing into captivity every thought and device to the obedience of Christ.
7. Our duty is to ensure that we put on The Whole Armour of God and use it to resist the kingdom of darkness.
8. We know we are victorious because The Lord of Hosts Himself has already perfected our victory.
Rebuke the devil in The Name of The Lord and resist his attacks in every area of your life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 22-23, James 1:19-2:13.
Check Also – Kenneth and Gloria Copeland’s Daily Devotional
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER
1. Onward Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See, His banners go!
Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus,
Going on before.
2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise! Chorus:
3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod;
We are not divided,
All one Body we—
One in faith and Spirit,
One charity. Chorus:
4. Onward, then, ye people!
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honour
Unto Christ, the King;
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing. Chorus:
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!