10 Bible Verses About Lust
10 Bible Verses About Lust: We have all heard the word lust in our lives here on earth. Lust is one of the sins that the world refuses to acknowledge as sin.
God does not want us to be controlled by the desires of the earth. Lust can come in many different forms, like sexual desires and material items.
If we are not careful about how we live, lust can get us trapped and ruined. God wants us to live a happy life and don’t want us to be controlled by things of the world.
- 1 John 2:16: For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world.
- Matthew 5:28: But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
- Proverbs 27:20: Sheol and Abaddon are never satisfied.
Nor are the eyes of man ever satisfied.
- Proverbs 6:25: Do not desire her beauty in your heart.
Nor let her capture you with her eyelids.
- Job 31:1: “I have made a covenant with my eyes;
How then could I gaze at a virgin?
- Matthew 5:29: If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
- James 1:14: 15But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then, when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
- 1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
- Galatians 5:16
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
- Colossians 3:5Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.