Open Heavens Daily Devotional For Today 29th July, 2018
THEME: ARE YOU HEAD INDEED?
“And hath put all things under His Feet, and gave Him to be The Head over all things to The Church, “ Ephesians 1:22
13. And The LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto The Commandments of The LORD Thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14. And thou shalt not go aside from any of The Words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
A. For you to walk in the reality of The Truth that God has made you The Head, you need to understand the significance of being The Head.
1. For this reason, we shall be looking at some of the responsibilities of The Head in The Body so that we do not disappoint The One Who has graciously made us The Head.
2. According to today’s Memory Verse, Our Lord Jesus Christ has been made The Head over all things for the benefit of the Church, which means that we derive our right and authority to be Head in every area of life from Him.
3. Therefore, if you are disconnected from Him, you can be sure that your attempts to function as Head will be an exercise in futility.
4. It would be a great waste of Christ’s Work of Grace if you fail to manifest as The Head.
B. Beloved, when you pray that God should make you Head as He promised in Deuteronomy 28:13, do you put into consideration the corresponding responsibilities?
1. For example, it is in The Head that we have sight (the eyes).
2. As head of a family, clan, department in Church, business or community, are you ready to function as an effective eye for the body?
3. I believe you don’t want to be a blind Head.
4. For example, as The Head of a family, have you really caught the vision for the wellbeing of your family or do you allow your family grope in darkness towards doom?
5. Do you see errors of indiscipline in your family and overlook them by turning your eyes away?
6. Are your eyes not already blinded by the delicacies of sin?
C. Furthermore, in The Head lies the ability to speak (the mouth).
1. As The Head of A Church, has your mouth been padlocked by the gifts of criminals and harlots in your congregation, so much so that they now occupy positions in God’s Sanctuary?
2. The head is also the centre of hearing (the ears).
3. As The Head, do you still hear from God for the people you serve?
4. When last did you hear from God about your people?
5. Lastly, the head contains the brain which thinks for the body.
6. Some Family Heads have relinquished their thinking role to their wives and children.
D. Their children now dictate what is right or wrong to them.
1. Some girls have changed their mothers’ wardrobes because they see their clothes as “old school”.
2. They have arranged wardrobes that now contain what used to be underwear as the main clothes for their mothers, and these mothers have conceded to such abomination.
3. My prayer for every Head today and those who are aspiring to be Heads is that you will be Head indeed.
4. I prophesy that you will begin to effectively fulfill the functions of The Head from today in Jesus Name. Amen 🙏!
Father, Please make me Head indeed and don’t let me fail in my responsibilities.in Jesus Name. Amen 🙏!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 10-11, Matthew 10:16-39
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
1. I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their pow’r when Thou art nigh. Refrain:
3. I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain. Refrain:
4. I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill. Refrain:
5. I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son. Refrain: