Theme For Open Heavens Devotional 2nd December 2019 – THE ALL-SUFFICIENT …
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou Anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” Psalms 23:5
BIBLE READING: 2 Kings 3:7-18
3:7• And he went and sent to Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, saying, The king of Moab hath rebelled against me: wilt thou go with me against Moab to battle? And he said, I will go up: I am as thou art, my people as thy people, and my horses as thy horses.
3:8• And he said, Which way shall we go up? And he answered, The way through the wilderness of Edom.
3:9• So the king of Israel went, and the king of Judah, and the king of Edom: and they fetched a compass of seven days’ journey: and there was no water for the host, and for the cattle that followed them.
3:10• And the king of Israel said, Alas! That The LORD hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab!
3:11• But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here A Prophet of The LORD, that we may enquire of The LORD by him? And one of the king of Israel’s servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah. 3:12• And Jehoshaphat said, The Word of The LORD is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him. 3:13• And Elisha said unto the king of Israel, What have I to do with thee? Get thee to the prophets of thy father, and to the prophets of thy mother. And the king of Israel said unto him, Nay: for The LORD hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab.
3:14• And Elisha said, As The LORD of Hosts liveth, before Whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look toward thee, nor see thee.
3:15• But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that The Hand of The LORD came upon him.
3:16• And he said, Thus saith The LORD, Make this valley full of ditches. 3:17• For thus saith The LORD, Ye shall not see wind, neither shall ye see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, that ye may drink, both ye, and your cattle, and your beasts. 3:18• And this is but a light thing in The Sight of The LORD: He will deliver the Moabites also into your hand.
A. “THE ALL-SUFFICIENT ONE” is one of God’s Names that aptly describes His Incomparable Greatness and Self-Sufficiency in all things.
1. God is sufficient in Power, Knowledge, Wisdom, Wealth and Authority, being able to accomplish anything He desires and bring to pass anything He has ordained.
2. It is for this reason that we are commanded to look up to Him and depend on Him to provide all our needs and desires.
3. We are to look unto God for Salvation and Deliverance from all forms of sin, sickness and poverty.
4. Our gaze should be focused on Him whenever we are in need of Boldness, Encouragement or Strength to forge ahead in the difficult journey of life.
5. Our ears and hearts should also be open to His Guidance and Direction as we Live The Christian life daily.
6. As you look unto THE ALL-SUFFICIENT ONE for the fulfilment of your destiny, you will not be disappointed in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. From time to time in the rigorous journey of life, we sometimes find ourselves in a state of tiredness and confusion.
1. At such times, the Holy Spirit admonishes us to run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, The Author and Finisher of Our Faith, for encouragement.
2. Hebrews 12:1-2 “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
3. Looking unto Jesus The Author and Finisher of Our Faith; Who for The Joy that was set before Him endured The Cross, despising the shame, and is set down at The Right Hand of The Throne of God.
4. Not only are we meant to look unto Him for Encouragement, we are also to look unto Him as Our Perfect Example.
5. Speaking on this, the Holy Spirit says in 1 Peter 2:21-23: “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow His Steps:
6. Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His Mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously:”
C. Looking unto other gods and human systems for forgiveness, deliverance, healing and salvation has brought untold hardship and losses to many.
1. Even looking unto great men and women who are successful in life and ministry has resulted in great disappointment, sorrow and pain in people’s lives.
2. As a matter of fact, this has been a major cause of failure in the life of several people.
3. While human beings are prone to failure, there is no failure or disappointment in Jesus.
4. Looking unto Jesus can only increase your faith and uplift you spiritually and physically.
5. Looking unto Jesus in our daily Christian walk provides us with Direction through The Revelation He gives us in His Word.
6. By looking unto Him, an ordinary person becomes equipped to do exploits of supernatural dimensions.
7. The Lord JESUS IS THE ALL-SUFFICIENT GOD Who Provides Forgiveness of Sin, Salvation and a Life of Joy and Peace to all who look up to Him as The Messiah.
8. As you call upon Him today, He will meet all your needs and guide your steps towards fulfilling your destiny in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Father, Please prove Yourself as THE ALL-SUFFICIENT GOD in my life, in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Psalm 64-68, Micah 6:9-7:7
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
Help The Kids Of The Motherless Babies Homes By Donating Below