We all know that human love is fickle and that even the strongest human love is tested in life’s trials. We have to know that God’s love is perfect and unchanging.
In God’s love, we can have strength no matter the challenges we face in life.
The love of God is bigger than anything we can ever think of.
God is love itself; it is only through his love that we are truly able to love others.
We have nothing to fear because of God’s love in our lives.
God’s love is unconditional; God’s love is not gained by anything we do in our own strength.
The Bible says that God loved us while we were still sinners; his love abounds from his infinite goodness and mercy.
God’s Love Gives Us Strength And Assurance: We have to know that nothing can separate us from God’s love, and through his love, we have assurance of eternal life and strength as we approach the trials of life.
Characteristics Of God’s Love
- The Love Of God Is Eternal: God is eternal; his love began before time even began. His love is everlasting because God is eternal. It has no beginning and no end.
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.
- The Love Of God Is Sovereign: Because God is the highest power, nothing can restrict his love but him. God has no obligation to love anyone, but God nevertheless chooses to love us.
- The Love Of God Is Infinite: God’s love knows no bounds. He will never run out of love for his people, and we will never be able to consume all of the love he sends.
- The Love Of God Is Holy: God is holy; his love is perfect, pure, and without fault. Not even one aspect of God’s love is weak, unfair, or wrong.
Romans 8:39: Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- God’s Love Is Too Big To Comprehend: God’s love is so enormous that we, as mere beings, cannot fully comprehend it. Humans’ love for one another frequently depends, at least in part, on the behavior of the one being loved. God’s love for us does not Ephesians 3:18-19: And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to fully understand. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
- Because He Loves You, God Chose To Adopt You:You can conceive a child by chance, but you can’t adopt a child by chance. When you adopt a child, you make the decision to love, adore, and care for that child for the rest of your life. It is not by chance that God adopts you. He decides to love, appreciate, and care for you for the rest of his life. He does it because He adores you and desires to be in an eternal relationship with you.
As a proud Father, God adores His offspring. You are God’s kid if you have begun a relationship with Him, and He delights in you.
Consider how the God of the entire universe loves you personally and picked you to be His child.
Ephesians 1:5: God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.