With everything that is going on in this world currently, we can get confused about knowing who God is. God said, “Go into all the world and proclaim His way to save the lost.
However, any sorrow or hardship we experience is the result of mankind’s collaboration with Satan, not God. God enables tough things to happen to us, such as car accidents at intersections and close encounters with the rest of the world on our journey.
Everyone is aware that God exists. “God has made it plain” that He exists, “for since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse” (Romans 1:19–20). Some seek to repress knowledge of God, while the majority seek to expand it.
How to Know God
- God is love. In 1 John 4:8, it says, “”Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is referring to true love. God is perfectly loving; no being alive can love us like God can. The love of God is unconditional, meaning that no matter what we do, God will still love us.
- For God, nothing is impossible. Knowing that God, as the creator of the universe, is all-powerful and all-knowing God existed before our time, but He has always existed. Something or some entity had to be there for anything to exist at all. He is not a created being; he is simply what he is.
- Accept Jesus as your Savior. God is gently knocking on the door of your heart. He wants to enter, but only if you let him. God wants to be involved in everything that we do; he cares about us. Accepting Jesus into our lives will make it easier for us to know him.
- Read the Bible: To learn more about God, you must read more about him. The word of God is always accurate and alive in this instance (Hebrews 4:12). You will not be close to someone if you do not speak with them. One effective means of communicating with God is through His word, the Bible.
- Pray: Prayer is a way that we communicate with God. When we spend time with him in prayer, we get to know more about him. God wants to speak to us, and when we pray, we can know what he wants us to do.
- God is always willing to help, strengthen, and protect us. In Isaiah 41:10, God says, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, help you, and uphold you with my righteous right hand. The devil wants us to be afraid, but God does not. God desires that we be at peace.
- Fill yourself with the Holy Spirit. The presence of the Holy Spirit is one advantage we have as believers. The Holy Spirit is more than a comforter; he is also a guide and a compass. He is a guide to understanding God. As the third person in the trinity, you cannot know God unless He is revealed to you by the Holy Spirit.