What Is The Gift Of The Holy Spirit?: As Christians, we have heard about the Holy Spirit multiple times, but do we really know him?
The Holy Spirit is God’s power in action, his active force. God sends out his spirit by projecting his energy to any place in order to accomplish his desire. — Psalm 104:30; 139:7
The word “spirit” in the Bible is derived from the Hebrew word ruach and the Greek word pneuma. Those words most frequently relate to God’s active force, or holy spirit. (Genesis 1:2)
The holy spirit is also referred to in the Bible as God’s “hands” or “fingers. (Psalm 8:3, 19:1, Luke 11:20; see also Matthew 12:28.) Just like a craftsman uses his hands and fingers to execute his work, God used his spirit to produce the following results:
What are the Holy Spirit’s gifts? The gifts of the Holy Spirit are unique abilities given by the Holy Spirit to faithful followers of Christ, enabling them to serve God for the church’s benefit. These gifts include wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discerning spirits, speaking in tongues, and interpretation of tongues.
The gifts of the Spirit are simply God’s way of empowering faithful Christians to do what He has called us to do. 2 Peter 1:3 says, “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are part of “everything we need” to accomplish His plans for our lives.
Paul said that “we have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Here is a list of the spiritual gifts mentioned in the Bible verses above, along with their key meanings.
- The gift of wisdom is the ability to make decisions and provide leadership that are in accordance with God’s will.
- The gift of knowledge is the ability to properly comprehend a spiritual issue or situation. is a spiritual gift mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12:8. It has been linked to the ability to teach the faith as well as kinds of revelation comparable to prophecy. It is closely tied to another spiritual gift, the word of wisdom.
- The Gift of Healing: The marvelous gift of employing God’s healing ability to treat someone who is sick, injured, or suffering. Gifts of healing are supernatural abilities given to believers to minister various types of healing and restoration to individuals through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The gift of faith is the ability to trust God and inspire others to do the same, regardless of the circumstances. The gift of faith helps one have strong faith in God’s power and promises. People who have been given this spiritual gift might be firm in their views and prayers. Nothing can undermine their confidence in God, regardless of the circumstances.
- The Gift of Miracles: the ability to perform signs and miracles that validate God’s Word and the Gospel message
- The Gift of Discerning Spirits: the ability to discern whether anything comes from God or is in harmony with righteousness
- The gift of prophecy is the ability to declare a message from God and what is going to happen in the future.
- The gift of tongues is the ability to communicate in a foreign language with which you are unfamiliar and converse with individuals who speak that language.
- The gift of administration entails the ability to keep things in order and in accordance with God’s values.
- The gift of helping is the ability and desire to always help others and do whatever it takes to complete a task.
- The gift of tongues is the ability to interpret the speech and writings of another tongue and translate them back to others in your own.