Pastor Alph Lukau Unveils 9 Reasons Behind His Acts of Generosity
In an inspiring and encouraging piece titled “9 Reasons Why I Give”, the senior Pastor and General Overseer of Alleluia Ministries International Alph Lukau unveils the reasons behind his acts of generosity.
In a Wednesday Instagram statement attached with photos of the pastor sharing money, he listed the reasons why he gives as follows:
- Love – where there is love there is giving. You cannot love without giving
- Trust – you cannot depend on your family and friends, wholly depend on Jehovah Jireh, the Lord your Provider
- Obedience – we give God out of obedience to His word
- Responsibility – your wealth has an assignment, take care of your family, take care of your community
- For Harvest – you need to have something in the ground. God gives seed to a sower – you will never be dry in your life, your prosperity does not depend on your enemies. It depends on God
- Spiritual and divine connection – you can be everything God called you to be
- To seal my blessings – whatever you have not sealed with an offering remains vulnerable to the enemy
- To show gratitude – be thankful for all that God has done for you
- To Honor God – Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. (Proverbs 3:9)
Lukau concludes by weaving his message with scripture verses, reinforcing his beliefs with divine wisdom. The Scripture Readings however include:
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-7: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- Genesis 8:22: While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease.
- Genesis 26:12-14: Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the LORD blessed him. The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous; for he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds and a great number of servants.
- Proverbs 3:9: Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
- Deuteronomy 16:16-17: Three times a year all your men must appear before the Lord your God at the place he will choose: at the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the Festival of Weeks and the Festival of Tabernacles. No one should appear before the Lord empty-handed: 17 Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you.
- Malachi:1:6-8: A son honors his father, And a servant his master.If then I am the Father, Where is My honor?And if I am a Master, Where is My reverence?Says the LORD of hosts To you priests who despise My name.
View this post on Instagram