Having Faith in God can be hard for many people. However, having a relationship with God requires having faith and trusting him.
Situations in life can make us question or shake our faith in God. We have to know and believe that God can take care of all that concerns us.
We must know that faith is a gift from God, and the devil does not want us to develop our faith in God.
We often use the expressions “Just have faith” and “it will work out” to encourage one another when facing serious problems in our lives.
In Hebrew 11:1, Faith is defined as “Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Definition Of Faith In God
Faith in God means having confidence that God is good, that he’s always on your side, and that he’s always working even when you can’t see it.
Example of Faith in the Bible
David and Goliath: 1 Samuel 17
David, a shepherd boy, defeated a giant led by Goliath in 1 Samuel 17. Goliath taunted Israel’s armies for 40 days, but no one had the courage to face him. David, outraged by Goliath’s boasts, volunteered for duty and told King Saul that God had given him victory over lions and bears. Saul sent David out to face Goliath, who mocked him. David responded with a battle cry, claiming to come against Goliath in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel. David’s faith in God was unshakeable, and the rest is history.
Where two blind men came to Jesus and asked to be healed. Jesus first asked them, “Do you believe that I am to do this? and they said yes, Lord” Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith, let it be to you,” and their eyes were opened.
How To Have Strong Faith In God
- Focus On God’s Character: Having great faith in God is much more than merely hoping things will be fine. According to the Bible, God is all-powerful, all-good, and all-loving. God cares about you personally; you can bring anything that worries you to him, no matter how big or small.
- Know About God’s Promises: In the Bible, God has promised to do great things for you and in you. Your faith in God should depend on the unbreakable, unchanging promises God has made to you. To grow your faith in God, listen and study his words.
- Depend on God’s Power: You can have faith in God; you can cast all your cares on him. His grace and love are always there for you. God is good and loving; he can work things out in your favor. Know that he has done great things in the past and that he is still doing great things now.
- Remember the Faithfulness of God In The Past: We have to know that God never changes, and if he’s faithful to you in the past, just know that he will continue to be faithful in the future and always. The past faithfulness of God makes you know and have faith that he’s always there for you, even in your trials.
- Make Time To Talk To God Everyday: Spending time with God every day and talking to him will help you build a relationship with him. The more time you spend with him, the closer you feel to God, and the easier it will be to have faith in him.
- Depend On God For your Strength (in bad and Good times): Praying to God and reading your Bible will let you know that God is your source of strength. When you are going through hard times like depression, illness, or heartbreaking loss, ask Jesus for peace and to help you deal with it. “It doesn’t mean that God will suddenly solve all your problems or that you’ll never worry about anything again, but his strength can help you cope easily with your problems.”