Sarah Jakes Roberts is a preacher, self-help author and motivational speaker from the United States. She and her husband, Toure Roberts, co-pastor The Potter’s House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver. She is also the daughter of a popular Christian Bishop, T.D. Jakes.
Sarah Jakes Roberts is a prominent author, speaker, and pastor known for her inspirational messages and teachings. She is the daughter of Bishop T.D. Jakes, a well-known pastor, author, and filmmaker. Sarah has gained recognition for her unique perspective and ability to connect with diverse audiences, particularly with her focus on personal growth, faith, and empowerment.
She has written several books, including “Lost and Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life” and “Don’t Settle for Safe: Embracing the Uncomfortable to Become Unstoppable.” Her writing often draws from her own life experiences, including overcoming challenges and setbacks, to encourage and inspire others to navigate their own journeys with faith and resilience.
In addition to her writing, Sarah is a sought-after speaker who delivers powerful messages at conferences, events, and church gatherings. She has also taken on a pastoral role, co-pastoring with her husband, Toure Roberts, at The Potter’s House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver.
Sarah Jakes Roberts is active on social media platforms, where she shares her thoughts, insights, and words of encouragement with her followers. Her engaging presence and relatable approach to matters of faith and personal development have garnered a significant following.
Sarah Jakes Roberts Biography
Sarah always desired to be normal. She had reckoned that she did not belong to the church since she could not find her place in it. She soon became content with fading into the background and lost her way in the process.
At the age of 13, she got pregnant, and this event caused an uproar in the church community because her father is a staunch proponent of abstinence. While parenting her son Malachi Jakes, she worked relentlessly to graduate from high school early. Sarah worked as a waitress at a strip club to support herself and eventually got married at 19 to NFL star Robert Henson. The couple divorced when Sarah was 23.
Sarah was previously married to NFL star Robert Henson, with whom she had a daughter. However, the couple got divorced after four years. She got married to Toure Roberts, her second husband. The pair got married in November 2014 after their first meeting in the spring of the same year. Toure is also a pastor at One (A Potters House Church).
The two, Toure and Sarah, welcomed their daughter, Ella Roberts, on February 10, 2016. Sarah and her husband are the proud parents of six children from their present marriage and previous marriages. She loves her children and she supports them in anything that they do, just like a great mum would do.
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts graduated from high school in the top 10% of her class and enrolled in Texas Christian University at the age of 16 where she earned a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
Sarah Jakes Roberts Ministry
She co-pastors ONE (A Potter’s House Church) formerly The Potters House at One LA and The Potter’s House Denver with her husband, Touré Roberts. Sarah founded Woman Evolve in 2017, a ministry dedicated to bringing every woman to her greatest potential. Woman Evolve has been effective in reaching and helping thousands of women towards healing, wholeness, and love for themselves and others since its inception.
Regardless of her past, Sarah made a decision to transform from the insecure and fearful young girl that she was into the powerhouse wife, mother, businesswoman, and leader that she is today.
Today, Sarah Jakes Roberts is redefining what it means to be a modern woman of faith.
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts has received many honors, including being celebrated as a National Overcomer by Pat and Emmitt Smith Charities in partnership with Good Morning America co-host, Robin Roberts. Sarah has also been featured in numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, Dr. Phil, Essence, The Associated Press, and The 700 Club.
Sarah Jakes Roberts Quotes
- “Despite the many tears that threatened to dilute it, your faith did not dissolve. Your heart is still pumping. Your pulse is a sign that this world needs you.”
- “She caved into the pressure to be like everyone else and robbed the world of the wealth assigned to her truth.”
- “Keep the Promises You Make to Yourself”
- “There’s nothing wrong with not having figured out who you are, but so much can go wrong when you pretend that you have.”
- “If you can’t handle my no, it’s because you’re too comfortable abusing my yes.”
- “We must learn to practice integrity with ourselves before we can reasonably expect to receive it from anyone else.”
- “Pain touches every life, but if you’re open, it will also teach you a valuable life lesson.”
- “Imagine where your Light will take you when you begin to trust God and not the negative opinions or thoughts that live in your heart.”
- “Contrary to popular belief we do not just stumble into our decisions. Every emotion is connected to a thought and those thoughts produce action.”
- “If you’ve chosen to maintain an unhealthy mind-set out of fear of starting over, you will never be able to realize the full potential of your life.”
Top 10 Sarah Jakes Roberts Sermons
Pastor Sarah Jakes Roberts is noted for her powerful lectures and messages that transcended cultural, religious, gender, and socioeconomic barriers all around the world. Some of her powerful sermons in include:
- Becoming a different person
- Coming out of hiding
- Why Isolation leads to Transformation
- Worth The Wait
- Call A Thing A Thing
- Buried Alive
- Victory Over Insecurity
- If These Walls Could Talk
- The Shadow of Greatness
- Break The Flow
Pastor Sarah Jakes Robert has an estimated net worth of $15 million.
You can follow Pastor Sarah on the following social media platforms: